Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Online Shopping

For those of you who know me, it's no secret that I can’t stand absolutely hate to online shop. In fact, there is probably nothing more awful in the world to me than online shopping. For those of you who don’t know me, you’re probably shocked to read this, and you’re thinking someone my age should be comfortable with online shopping and that I rely on the Internet. Sorry, but no. Not true. I hate online shopping.

Online shopping gives me anxiety because I don’t trust what I see online and fear that whatever I buy is either a)not going to be delivered at all OR b) is not going to come to the way I ordered it. What’s worse is that while most online shopping allows you to return your purchases, it doesn’t pay for your shipping. So there goes at least $5-10 down the drain. Ridiculous.

My version of “online shopping” is searching my favorite stores to see what they have out and then going to the store to try it on and purchase. I just don’t see what the big whoop is about online shopping. Yea, you can find coupons online and possibly save money, but if it’s going to cause me anxiety then forget it. I rather spend $3 more in the store.

In my entire 21.5 years of life, I believe I’ve online shopped a whopping total of three times. The first time is what I like to refer to as the “watch incident.” Long story short, it was a mess and I ended up canceling my order and buying my watch at Macy’s. The other time was this past Christmas and was another watch purchase. The watch’s face didn’t come in the color I was expecting but all was OK and I kept the watch. The third incident was tonight, which is why I bring up this subject. I ordered a Dell laptop battery from ebay because I didn’t want to fork over $150 for a real Dell battery. Let’s hope this comes in one piece and isn’t pure junk. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you online shopped even that much. Bold move with ebay though. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many retailers will actually pay return shipping. They just include a just-in-case return UPS sticker. You slap it over the original and stick it in your out going mail. Easy peasy. Got to read the fine print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I online shop but most things that I buy can't really be screwed up. But it is much easier just to go to a store and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete