Thursday, March 31, 2011

Batter Up!

Well I posted this blog entry on my phone but apparently it didn't post so let's try this again...

It's Opening Day and words can't describe how excited I am. My love of baseball is due in part to being my dad's daughter. He played baseball since he was a kid and went on to play at Texas Tech University. He also coached my younger brother's little league team. So as long as I can remember, baseball has been a part of my family's lives. Despite my brother playing baseball, my love for the sport was greater than his.

As a kid I begged my dad to take me to games, where he then forced me to watch every single play in fear that I wouldn't pay attention and get hit by a btall. Surprisingly, I gladly watched every batter.

To this day I still beg my dad to take me to games and love sitting on the couch with him for hours on end to watch a game. I guess its our way of bonding. So, bring on the hot dogs and garlic fries and take me out to the ball game. I've been waiting for this day since the last out of the 2010 world series. Go Rangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment